Well-being & Safety
SUMMER 2021 UPDATE: Pingry Summer is proud to be one of the only summer camps in the region who mandates a negative COVID-19 test in order to attend programs on either of our campuses. Each camper will have to submit a saliva sample the week prior to their camp beginning. Saliva test kits are provided by Pingry Summer and are the same kits used during Pingry’s rigorous school year COVID testing protocol. See below for more details on Summer 2021 COVID testing.
Distribution of Kits
- The ideal time for saliva sample collection is immediately after waking up in the morning.
- Do not use mouthwash for at least two hours prior to providing a sample. This is critical to the viability of the sample collected.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum, or brush your teeth at least 30 minutes prior to providing a sample
There are only two scenarios in which we will NOT need your child to take Pingry’s test:
- Scenario 1: Your child submits an independent PcR within the same window of our testing cycle.
- Scenario 2: Your child has had a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last three months. In this case please submit a doctor’s note confirming the diagnosis to the appropriate campus in place of submitting a saliva sample for testing.
Pingry Summer is fully committed to the safety and well-being of our campers. We are accredited by the American Camp Association, which sets rigorous safety guidelines in terms of facilities, food, transportation, emergency prevention/preparedness/response, and more. For full ACA standards, visit www.acacamps.org.
At Pingry, our dedication to campers’ wellness and safety goes beyond our ACA accreditation standards by maintaining a low counselor-to-camper ratio, regularly practicing safety drills, and implementing efficient communication systems on both campuses. Staff are required to record all injuries and incidents that occur during the camp day and to share a copy with you, either directly or in your camper’s backpack. For non-emergent illnesses and injuries that prevent campers from participating in their scheduled activities, you can expect a prompt call from our office staff to your or your emergency contacts.