Peer 2 Peer: Intro to Leadership
- Welcome to our Peer2Peer summer camp program, a one-week course that combines the fun of summer camp with the benefits of learning about leadership, mentorship, accountability, integrity, effective communication, team-building and community engagement with some light English writing in the form of reflection. Over the course of the week, campers will participate in engaging activities that will help them exercise their intellectual passions and develop leadership skills in team settings. We aim to teach campers the importance of effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making, all of which are essential qualities for becoming a successful peer leader.
- Throughout the week, students will engage in a variety of activities and lessons that will help them develop their leadership skills and learn how to work effectively as part of a team. They will also learn about the importance of mentorship and how to become a mentor to others. Each day, campers will attend interactive classes that will focus on different aspects of peer leadership. They will learn how to motivate and inspire their peers, manage conflicts, and build trust and respect among their peers. In addition to the classroom instruction, campers will have plenty of opportunities to put their new leadership skills to the test through fun and challenging activities. They will work in small groups to complete team-building exercises, outdoor adventures, and other activities that will help them develop their leadership abilities.
- The program will be centered on 5 central themes, each focusing on a specific aspect of peer leadership and community-building. These themes will include:
- Leadership/Leading By Example
- Effective Communication
- Mentorship and Role-Modeling
- Team-Building and Collaboration
- Throughout the week, students will have the opportunity to participate in group discussions, team-building activities, and individual projects. They will also have the chance to interact with guest speakers and mentors who will share their own experiences and insights on peer leadership and community-building. By the end of the week, students will have gained valuable skills and insights that they can apply both in their academic and personal lives. They will have developed a greater sense of self-confidence and leadership, as well as a deeper understanding of the importance of community and mentorship.
|July 10 – July 14||1:00 – 3:00||Rising Gr. 8 – 11|
|July 17 – July 21||1:00 – 3:00||Rising Gr. 8 – 11|
|July 24 – July 28||1:00 – 3:00||Rising Gr. 8 – 11|
Need help planning your summer?