Mega V Day Camp
Camp at a Glance
Mega V Day Camp is returning this summer to Pingry’s beautiful 28-acre Short Hills campus.
Featuring Pingry’s recently renovated air conditioned building and highly shaded outdoor grounds, the site is perfect for the wildly popular day camp.
Established in 1991, Mega V has always been more than a day camp…it embodies a philosophy that children need the summertime to engage in a variety of exciting experiences which focus on Fun, Play, Fitness, Imagination, Creativity and Enrichment.
Gerry Vanasse, founder and creator of the MEGA concept (Maximizing Enrichment through Games and Activities), brings over 30 years of summer camp directorship and education experience to the program.
Mega V Camp captures the imagination with innovative activities that are built for fun, forming friendships and highly participatory–all against a backdrop of cognitive and non-cognitive learning. From large field games like Alien Invasion and Mission Impossiball to the Mega V Ball league, game and art rooms, Wii dance floor, and outdoor water fun, the program integrate activities into a weekly theme. Weekly group challenges foster teamwork and cooperation.
Special guests are chosen to enhance the “theme of the week” and to remind our campers to “Think Big” and to be their best honorable selves.
Mega V counselors are high energy and chosen for their desire to work with and for children. They are enthusiastic, prepared, and along with the on site nurse and administrative staff, hold the safety of each camper their highest priority. Together we look to create enduring positive memories through the magic of Mega V.
The Mega V Day Camp offers seven weekly sessions beginning on June 15. Included with your registration is a complimentary camp tee shirt!
|June 21 – 25||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|June 28 – July 2||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|July 6 – 9 (4-day week)||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|July 12 – 16||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|July 19 – 23||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|July 26 – 30||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
Lunch is included. See below for a typical week’s menu:
MONDAY: chicken fingers, french fries, coleslaw
TUESDAY: italian subs, fruit cups
WEDNESDAY: spaghetti and meatballs, caeser salad
THURSDAY: hotdogs and hamburgers, corn on the cob, fruit cups
FRIDAY: pizza day, tossed salad
- This camp is run by Certified Athletic Administrator and current Pingry Middle School Athletic Director, Gerry Vanasse, who has over 25 years of summer camp experience.
What to Pack
- Comfortable play clothes and sneakers
- Bathing suit and towel for water games and sprinklers
- A back pack or cinch sack (each camper will receive a free cinch sack on their first day)
- A labeled water bottle
- A labeled cap
- Pre-applied sunscreen and additional sunscreen that can be used throughout the day. (We are trained to assist younger campers with reapplying sunscreen.)
- Please do NOT bring:
- Valuables, including electronic devices (cell phones are permitted but will remain in backpacks)
- Food or beverages other than water
- Toys or games from home